Sunday, May 27, 2012

Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite types of cookies, if not my #1. As a kid, I could eat chocolate chips dunked in milk as a meal. Nowadays, I like to splurge and have a cookie here and there as a treat. I also like to bake them from scratch every once in a blue moon!

I was scanning through my monthly 'Food and Wine' magazine this weekend and saw a recipe for chocolate chips. I had all the ingredients at home so I figured I should make them. So here is my spin off of these.

They are delishh! You can store them in a sealed container for a few days or frozen for up to one month.








Ingredients: Makes about 25 cookies
  • 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
  • 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 Egg Yolk, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbs Milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
In a medium sauce pan, cook the butter over medium heat until it is browned (about 5-7 minutes). Transfer the butter to a small bowl and let it cool to room temperature.


In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda.


In the bowl of your standing mixer, add the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix at medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl half way through if needed.


Add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix until it is well blended.


Add the dry mixture at low speed and scrape down as needed. Mix in the chocolate chips.


Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate longer than 2 hours, or overnight.


Once the dough is ready, it will be nice and firm. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (mine is unbleached, so it is brown).  Scoop 1 tablespoon full of cookie dough for each cookie and lay about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are golden brown on the bottom.


Serve warm or at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment