Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Wedges

What a fun, different appetizer starter for a dinner party! I made these this weekend as we were hosting some friends over for dinner. I decided to add these to the menu at last minute and I am really glad I did because everyone loved them!

It was the first time I made these, but not the first time I've eaten them....I kind of copied my mom's recipe; she always makes a similar version of these (if not the same) for our annual family New Years party. I got the idea to make them when I walked into the grocery store and gigantic, beautiful red and green peppers were staring at me.

The stuffing is very similar to my stuffed mushrooms stuffing. So here is an idea if you need a couple appetizers - make a mix of stuffed pepeprs and mushrooms! Easy peasy and yummmyyyy.







Ingredients:


  • 2-3 Different Colors Peppers, cut into wedges
  • 2 tbs White Onion, chopped
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp Parsley, chopped
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Bread Crumbs
  • 1 tbs Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
  • 2 tbs Mozzarella, chopped
  • 1 tbs Olive Oil
  • Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  • Salt to taste
  • Water



  • Directions:
    Stuffing:
    In a small frying pan, saute the onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil until onions are translucent. Set aside.
    In a mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmiggiano cheese, mozzarella, pepper, and parsley. Add the sauteed onion/garlic mixture and extra olive oil. Mix all together. Add in water as needed to make the stuffing sticky, but not runny. Water will keep the stuffing from getting dry.

    Form/patt a small portion of the mixture in your hands, enough to fit on top of each pepper wedge, and press it on each pepper.



    Bake in 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until peppers are cooked through and softened.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment