Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tagliatelle with Herbs and Fresh Tomatoes

Now that the weather is warming up, out come the farmers markets in NYC! I love this time of year. There is nothing better than fresh veggies and herbs that you can hand pick yourself. You can take a simple meal to a whole other level by adding fresh herbs.


This recipe is very similar to my fresh tomato sauce that I posted some time back, but with an added bonus. I was in the process of cooking my fresh tomato sauce, but I wanted to jazz it up a bit. So, I added 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary - just follow the recipe in the link and add these two herbs while the tomatoes are cooking. Both versions of this sauce are delicious - the beauty of these recipes are the simplicity and the freshness.





The talgiatelle normally come in a bag, with sections rolled into balls. Here is the one I used - it is a mix of regular and spinach pasta. Buon Appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment