Saturday, September 21, 2013

Waffles from Scratch



So it's been more than a few months since my last recipe blog... Truth be told, I had a lot going on with buying a home, getting a little puppy, planning my wedding and honeymoon. My free time was allocated to doing all of those other important life things. Now that everything has settled down, I wanted to open up my blog posting again with something fabulous and comforting for the new Fall season. This morning we made homemade waffles, so I figured I should share this one first.
This recipe is from my mother-in-law's family recipe book. The waffles are super fluffy, tasty, and quick to make. Enjoy!

Ingredients: 8 Waffles

  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated: yolks, beaten/whites, beaten until stiff and frothy
  • 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (I use non-fat to make them lighter)
  • Waffle maker!
Measure drying ingredients into large mixing bowl and whisk together.
Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until they are fluffy and stiff. Use an electric mixer if you have one! 
Combine egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil in another bowl. (3 bowls total).

Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until all the chunks are gone.



Carefully fold in the fluffy egg whites.

 


The batter is now ready.



Pour 1/2 cup of batter into pre-heated griddle for each square.



Close and let them cook until ready. You can change the setting on the griddle to make them as dark or light as you please.


Vuala - homemade waffles in less than 20 minutes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment