Monday, August 6, 2012

Greek Salad

I love putting feta in salads. It gives a great, salty taste that I am sometimes missing in my greens. This Greek salad is a perfect side dish to my Mediterranean Chicken Skewers , but it can be used as a fantastic starter or side dish to any protein. I use Boston Lettuce because it is one of my favorites, but it's not mandatory here - use what you like best!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Head of Boston Lettuce, washed and torn into big chunks
  • 2 tbs Red Onion, chopped
  • Large handful of Grape/Cherry Tomatoes, cut into halves
  • Greek Olives
  • Crumpled Feta Cheese, as desired
  • 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
  • 1 Small Seedless Cucumber, cut into big cubes/slices
  • 3 tbs Olive Oil
  • 1 tbs Dry Italian Oregano
  • Cracked Pepper & Sea Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and add lemon juice + olive oil prior to serving. Toss lightly as to not wilt the lettuce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment