Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Bread, cheese, garlic... what more do you need? I've been making my garlic bread the same way for years. I was inspired by the garlic bread served at my Family's restaurant.  I've made this cheesy garlic bread using different types of breads - white, whole wheat, multi grain... french baguette, dinner rolls, Italian bread. You really can't go wrong, but I prefer some type of baguette. In these photos, I used a multi grain baguette. It's is great as is or dunked in sauce.
Ingredients:
  • 1 Baguette, split in half
  • 3-4 crushed and minced Garlic Cloves
  • 1.5 tbs Butter, more for spreading
  • Dry Oregano
  • Paprika
  • 1/4 cup Grated Parmigiano
  • 1/2 cup Fresh Mozzarella, cubed/sliced





Preheat oven  to 350 degrees. Warm the butter on medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes. Set aside.


Slice the Baguette in half, and spread each side with butter. Season with dry Italian oregano and paprika. Add the melted butter and garlic mixture on each half.

Add the parmigiano and mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.



Slice and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment