Monday, March 5, 2012

Crispy Potatoes

I think I've mentioned this before, but Potatoes are one of my favorite foods. Although I have good self control, I can probably eat potatoes almost every day if I was a glutenous pig. The recipe I am about to write about makes a great side dish along side most proteins. It's very simple, you don't even have to be a good cook to make them. ha.








Ingredients:
  • Idaho Potatoes
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Cracked Black Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice the potatoes into thin-ish pieces. Example below.



Coat the bottom of your pan with olive oil so that entire pan is coated. Add the potatoes into the pan and drizzle more olive oil on them. Mix well so that each piece is well coated. Sprinkle on cracked pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, tossing around the potatoes after adding each ingredient.



Stick in the oven for 30-35 minutes - cook until golden brown and crispy. Make sure to mix/flip/rotate the potatoes at least twice... they will try to stick to the bottom. Be careful though - they get soft and can crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment