Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Asparagus





Sometimes I just need a green side dish other than salad. My favorite alternative is my Parmesan crusted asparagus. I have to say, I copied my mom's idea for these. The first time I tried asparagus as a kid she made them with breadcrumbs and parmigiano cheese on top, and I instantly fell in love.


I didn't know her recipe, but a few years ago I was craving them and decided to try to make it up myself by remembering the taste. It was a success! However, this is another one of my recipes that I don't measure - sorry!! You just need to eyeball it!!











Ingredients:
  • A Bunch of Asparagus
  • Garlic Powder
  • Sea Salt
  • Cracked Pepper
  • Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, Grated
  • Breadcrumbs
  • EV Olive Oil
Directions:
Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Rinse the asparagus and pat dry. Snap off the hard ends (they will naturally snap where they need to be cut off). Lay flat in a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.

 Season with sea salt, cracked pepper, and lots of garlic powder. Layer on lots of breadcrumbs; then drizzle on extra virgin olive oil. Finally, grate lots of parmigiano cheese all over. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes then switch oven to broil for another couple minutes to get a nice top crunch.

No measurements - but they should look something like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment