Saturday, September 8, 2012

Chilean Sea Bass with Garlic Mustard Crust



It was Friday evening after work and I had to stop into Whole Foods on my way home to grab groceries for dinner. I knew I was making seafood, so I headed straight for the fish department. Going back and forth between Halibut, Tuna, and Chilean Sea Bass, I chose the Sea Bass because it looked the freshest...and not to mention it is my favorite. Even though all these steak like fish filets can run up your grocery bill, making these at home will save you about half the price!

So, I have this Chilean Sea Bass and no idea what to do with it. I originally was going to just season it with salt and pepper and sear it in olive oil... but I wanted to add something to it ... something a little more interesting. I made this absolutely delicious crust which included Djion Mustard, Fresh Garlic, and Thyme. It was super simple and tasted like it came from a 5 star restaurant - I swear. Buon Appetito!

Ingredients: for 2
  • 2 Chilean Sea Bass Filets, cut 2 inches thick. Skin on.
  • Olive Oil
  • 2 Lemon Slices (one for each filet)
  • 1 1/2 tbs Djion Mustard (I use Grey Poupon)
  • 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme, removed from sprigs and chopped
  • Pinch of Salt and Cracked Pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread some olive oil on the bottom of your baking pan (about 3 tbs). Put the Sea Bass in the pan, skin side down. Drizzle some Olive Oil on top.

Combine the mustard, minced garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl - mix well.

Spread this evenly on top of each Filet. Drizzle additional olive oil on top (about 1 tbs each). Top off with a slice of lemon on each filet.



Cook for about 25-30 minutes, until Sea Bass is fully cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit for about 1-2 minutes before eating/serving.


The Sea Bass will peal right off the skin when you fork out a piece. My Sea Bass was served with a side of red romaine lettuce, dressed with fresh lemon juice, onion, oregano, salt and pepper. A nice and light side for a hearty, buttery fish.






No comments:

Post a Comment